Friday, March 25, 2011

A long list of superlatives...

So apparently I have been using an abundance of superlatives this week. And in turn, I started using the word superlative quite a bit, not knowing quite what it meant, but it seemed to work in most situations. As I thought about not knowing the meaning of this word... I decided to look it up. Dictionary.com defines it as of the highest kind, quality, or order; surpassing all else orothers; supreme; extreme: superlative wisdom.


Well that seems to be quite the right definition for the vacation I am currently on with my best friend and my Aunt, in the Florida Keys. We have had 5 straight days of 82 degree weather with barely a cloud in the sky, both places we have stayed at have not only met but exceeded our expectations and we have just so happened to be finding fun around every corner :) 







Our place here in Marathon, FL on Vaca Key is phenomenal. We open our front doors to the beach on the Gulf Coast of the island. There is a tiki bar steps away as well as two pools and a water sports arena. I am burnt red like the lobster we caught and then cooked yesterday out of summerland key with my cousins friend and his family and have completely ran out of adjectives that are synonyms for perfect. "It doesn't get better than this"






I am struggling with why I deserve a vacation like this and how a place like this can be so seemingly perfect with so much other hurt in the world, but I think any place can be made to seem this way. It is the "Disney effect" if you will, everything looks so prim and perfect so the privileged can enjoy a retreat from the real world. Dont know if this makes any sense tonight but for some reason it makes me wonder....

No comments:

Post a Comment